Saturday, January 23, 2016

Goodbye Elijah Craig 12 year

I'm not an oracle and I had no insider information to call this one.  It's been done before and will be done again so the prediction wasn't that hard.  Back in April of 2015 I posted that Heaven Hill changed their label format for Elijah Craig Small Batch 12 year bourbon and predicted (correctly) that this move was in anticipation of the ultimate demise of the age statement.  Fred Minnick posted the details so check out the news and his thoughts on the subject.

I noted in my post that I may pull the trigger on half a case in the event the age statement was dropped.  Well, I did indeed make that purchase and am glad I did.  Those bottles are now flying off the shelves with this news so within a week or two, that label will be increasingly more difficult to find.

I contemplated grabbing some additional bottles this weekend but alas, I'm buried under 30+ inches of snow which will take days to clear out.  In the meantime, I'll get back to my movie and pour another whiskey.

EDIT: Here's the link to the news release from Heaven Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment