Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bourbon Dork goes a…Rye

While you all know I'm a bourbon lover, I'm really a lover of whiskey. Bourbon, Rye, Irish or Scotch….it's all good. Of course, bourbon is my first choice but a good rye whiskey pulls up a close second. I received a bottle of a young rye from a New York distillery; the Master Distiller was kind enough to send me a bottle to sample. I'll be sitting down in the next day or so to sample this rye and give my impressions, such as they are.

I haven't had much to drink in the last week, so when I do sample this rye, it will be with a clean palate. Stay tuned…..

6 comments:

  1. The Jim Beam Rye is pretty darn good...neat or with ginger ale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rye. Sounds like you'll be sampling the Manhattan Rye from Tuthilltown. I had a glass of it in a restaurant (not a formal tasting) and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg I just had a great Rye. Van Winkles Family Reserve Rye. 13 years in Oak and a wonderful earthy caramelly and floral experience with a huge and long finish! It is awesome. Hope yours is as great! Here is a link to my review if the Van Winkles Rye. Enjoy.. http://beerandwhiskeybros.com/2010/02/12/rye-times-volume-ii/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sku - nice guess but not Tuthilltown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam K and Sku - I goofed and rejected both your comments instead of posting them. Sorry about that. Good news is you're both right. Tom was kind enough to send me a sample.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, not the first time I've been rejected! Though I have not met Tom, we have corresponded and he seems like a great guy. We plan to meet at the Michter's reunion once it's rescheduled this spring.

    ReplyDelete