Thursday, November 1, 2012

14,471....

Almost 3 years ago I added a post about Bourbon and Ginger Ale.  Little did I know at the time that it would trump any other post by a margin of almost 2 to 1.  Almost daily, that post has the highest number of pageviews on this blog.

So, now I'm challenged to go beyond just bourbon and try other whisk(e)y expressions with Ginger Ale.  I'll use the same base soda as I did back then, Blenheims Ginger Ale, and try it with various Scotch expressions, Irish, Japanese, Canadian and Indian. I was thinking about avoiding anything with a heavy peat/smoke influence but maybe the results of that mix would surprise me (not thinking likely). 

So, over the next number of days, I'll be mixing up various whisk(e)y with ginger to see how they stack up to the traditional Bourbon Highball.

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to mixing with Ginger Ale - then it's got to be Canadian whisky. That's practically an enshrined duo. I prefer my whisky neat - or with a little water. I enjoy Canadian rye just fine too - and generally don't take it with ginger ale. But generations of tradition and popularity can't be wrong... can they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not necessarily wrong but variety is the spice of life.

      Delete