Thursday, January 2, 2014

Whiskey-less Christmas

I think this is a first.  Not a single solitary bottle of booze to be found on Christmas morning.  How can this be?  I don't think I was naughty but actually, pretty nice.  Let's see...going through the list of gifts again to see if I missed anything;

LL Bean slippers.....check
Red Vines.....check
XBox One.....check

Well, truth is, I didn't ask for any.  I have a lot of whisk(e)y.  The never ending question we ask on the board; when is it enough?  "Never!" say some......."more than 100 bottles" says another.  A couple sheepishly chime in and say "my wife doesn't know about the stash at work". 

So, not my wifes fault, although she has been more vocal of late on the amount of beautiful glass bottles lining the bunker shelves.  I take the blame for not asking. 

There is though something quite nice about getting a brand new bottle to add to the bunker.  Recent acquisitions (pre-Christmas) include

George Dickel Single Barrel 14 year
George Dickel Single Barrel 9 year
A.D. Rattray Cooley Irish - single barrel cask
Glenmorangie Ealanta
Highwest 21 year Rye
Cambus 21 year single grain

So, maybe I didn't need any whiskey for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and happy new year, Greg! That Rattray Cooley is spectacular if you haven't tasted it yet. I self gifted myself that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you Jeremiah, Happy New Year to you as well. I've had the Rattray which is why I now have a bottle sitting on the bar. I agree, it is spectacular and I would put that bottle up against Yellow Spot or Powers John Lane any day of the week.

      Delete